Information Security & Systems Support Officer
Purpose of the Role
The Officer’s role will be to identify areas where opportunities for risks exist, facilitate communication between concerned parties and suggest alternatives and mutually agreeable solutions. He/she will be responsible for the security of the bank’s existing network and networked enterprise, web based and core systems. He will ensure maximum security of the banks infrastructure, applications, databases and the communication systems.
As a secondary responsibility, he will participate in the implementation of business software requirements for simple and/or complex systems by analyzing, designing, developing, testing, deploying, interfacing and supporting both in-house and acquired ICT systems.
|MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & APPROXIMATE TIME SPLITS|
|IT Systems support and integration. (10%)|
|Network and Telecommunications Management (15%)|
|Knowledge Management and Advisory Support.|
Business Growth & Development – 70%
- Grow the branch customer base and expand the business growth through marketing of the Bank’s products and services.
- Ensuring revenue growth through customer acquisition, new need identification, product cross-sell and re-engineering.
- Ensure that the target market selection criterion is adhered to and that we are in full compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
- Organize and Participate in customer calls for marketing initiatives.
- Assist in identifying customer needs not met by existing products and the implementation of new products and services.
- Achievement of set revenue target for the Branch by aggressive customer acquisition, efficient product delivery, offering a diverse range of products and excellent customer service.
- Keep abreast of the rapid pace of product development to be able to sell new products.
- Come up with customer service initiatives that will boost service and business growth.
- Market research to monitor competitor activity and initiating product improvements to meet the changing consumer needs.
- Efficient management of individual and overall departments’ budgets and ensure deadlines are met.
- Preliminary appraisal and vetting credit applications before submitting to Credit Risk for review
- Growth of the asset book and actively managing the loan portfolio in the branch to include facility reviews, renewals and all other day to day monitoring activities of borrowing accounts in the branch
- Follow ups for Loan arrears and None Performing Accounts as per the credit policy guidelines
Service Delivery & Customer Satisfaction – 10%
Ensure effective provision of customer service in line with the Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements as follows:
- Manage customer relationships for the bank.
- Preparation of all reports required to monitor work progress – daily, weekly and monthly performance against set targets.
- Providing an interface between the bank, existing and prospective customers in order to maintain good customer relations so as to meet customer needs within the strategic objective of the bank.
- Overseeing the relationship management of assigned customers.
- Ensure an effective call program is maintained on all allocated relationships and prospects. The calls should be recorded and filed.
- Make recommendation for existing and prospective customers under the various loan products and submit to the appropriate final authority within established turnaround time.
- Manage customer queries, complaints and other correspondence in a timely manner and within set standards for customer satisfaction.
- Manage the Complaint’s Register.
- Assume direct responsibility for a Branch business process improvement project aimed at improving the branch ability to deliver efficient and timely service to its customers.
- Be conversant with policies and procedures pertaining to all bank products and services and be able to adapt to change in these as well as technological changes, and customer sophistication.
- Extra duties and assignments outside the main responsibilities at the discretion of Branch Manager and Senior Management.
- Organize &/or attend bank events and promotional activities.
Business Processes – 5%
- Ensure bank policies, procedures and interdepartmental SLAs are adhered to
- Ensure audit rating is satisfactory and implementation of the audit exceptions is above 70%
- Enforce operational risk controls ie policies and procedures, audit report findings, frauds, dormant accounts, excesses & TODs, management of overdrawn accounts.
- Adherence to KYC & AML guidelines in the account opening process and continuous monitoring of the accounts held in the branch.
- Ensure frauds and operational losses do not occur.
- Manage and maintain branch physical assets.
- Ensuring continuous achievement of the bank’s financial and operating goals in line with the statutory-legal framework.
- Timely preparation and submission of all statutory and bank reports.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship in line with the bank’s code of ethics and prescribed business conduct.
People – 10%
- Succession planning and developing effective business continuity plans in the branch.
- Leave management.
- Staff capacity building by providing continuous training and guidance while providing leadership, direction, coaching and mentorship to direct reports.
- Management of overall staff performance/appraisals to ensure optimum productivity levels and staff discipline
- Innovation & Change
Financial Performance – 5%
- Continuously analyzing revenue streams from the various Business Development functions while spearheading all direct selling activities of the branch.
- Mobilization of deposits and actively managing all deposits to ensure the cost of funds is as low as possible and renewals are effectively managed.
- Growth of the Assets book and actively managing the assigned loan portfolio to include new facility reviews, renewals, PAR and all other day to day servicing and monitoring activities of borrowing accounts in the branch.
- Credit monitoring of assigned portfolio and liaising as required with the Branch Manager.
- Ensuring all revenue due to the bank from facility fees, ledger fees and all bank charges is collected and that there are no income leakages in each area.
Need more help?
Let one of our consultants assist you.